Happy Saturday, friends! What is everyone up to today? I awoke this morning a little later than usual and feeling sligggghtly groggy and under the weather. Last night we all went out for Kate’s goodbye party. The girl is leaving us for a year to go live in Paris! Not bad, eh? Though I will miss her a ton, it’s CLEARLY an excuse to make another trip over to Europe 😉 Let’s hope I can swing that one.
Later in the afternoon, we’re heading to a friend’s pool party & BBQ!
At the very beginning of summer, I put together a “want-to-do” list and I thought now with it being mid-July (eeeek), I’d revisit that list and make sure I’m on track to achieving the summer goals I set –
- Go swimming as often as possible (thank youuuu parents) – happening on a continual basis 🙂
- Go up to a cottage (or two or three…) – done! and more cottage weekends to come
- Go on a weekend trip with my girlfriends (never been done before & needs to change STAT!) – weekend set & in the stages of planning
- Spend a day picnicking/relaxing on the Toronto Islands – perhaps next weekend?
- Go to the Beaches!
- Go to at least one concert (I’m convinced I’m going to find OVO tickets for under $100)
- Attend this year’s Nuit Blanche (all nighter wooo!)
- Go to as many patios as possible, including Black Bull, Oasis, South of Temperance, the Drake Hotel Skyyard, Hemmingway’s, Remy’s, Earls, Origin, Local 4, The Bedford Academy, The Artful Dodger + the Beaconsfield. PHEW.
- Go to a Jay’s game
- Find a way to go to The Thompson Rooftop & relax by the pool!
- Make homemade popsicles in funky flavours, including Strawberry-Basil, Peach-Ginger, Banana Peanut + Mojito: INSPIRATION (thanks for the tip, Daina!)
- Read at least three books – read one (The Glass Castle) & currently working on the second
Looks like there’s a bit of work to be done, but overall I’m on track to achieving my ultimate summer to-dos! What do you want to do by the end of this summer?
I hope the rest of your Saturday, and weekend, is relaxing and wonderful! Before I sign off, I’m going to leave you with an interesting fact courtesy of Women’s Health –
Inneresting eh? I thought I knew a lot about the glycemic index from my various nutrition courses & reading, but I had no idea that the length of cooking time would affect its GI score! By the way, I know I am a complete dweeb for finding this stuff interesting.
Have a great rest of the weekend!