Before tonight, I had never made fish tacos. Part of me thinks that they sound kinda nasty, while the other part had such a drive to try them out! So.. I did 🙂
These babies were DEE-LISH, though my not-so-fantastic camera may lead you to believe otherwise…
- Serves: 2
- Prep time: 15 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Tacos shells (hard or soft)
- One tilapia fillet
- 1/2 lime
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced into quarters
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup cabbage, cut into narrow strips
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup frozen kale
- chilli powder
- salt + pepper
1) Quickly sauté frozen corn + kale with olive oil for approx. 3 minutes
2) While veggies are sautéing, combine chopped cherry tomatoes, cilantro, onion, cabbage + avocado in a bowl. When corn + kale are ready, add to bowl. Squeeze the juice of the 1/2 lime over the mix.
3) Heat olive oil in a pan. Sprinkle tilapia with a pinch of chilli powder, salt + pepper. Cook 3 minutes; turn, then cook for an additional 2 min. on the other side.
4) Mix it all together & add to taco shells. Enjoy! 🙂
NOTE: would go fantastically with Corona or a mojito!
Today marks the first day of summer, officially! HAPPY SUMMER!!!
What are you going to do to make the most of it? I always start the season with excitement of what’s to come & big lofty goals to basically have the most amount of time outside. This year, I’m going to actually make a summer must-do list. Here goes:
- Go swimming as often as possible (thank youuuu parents)
- Go up to a cottage (or two or three…)
- Go on a weekend trip with my girlfriends (never been done before & needs to change STAT!)
- Spend a day picnicking/relaxing on the Toronto Islands
- Go to the Beaches!
- Go to at least one concert (I’m convinced I’m going to find OVO tickets for under $100)
- Attend this year’s Nuit Blanche (all nighter wooo!)
- Go to as many patios as possible, including Black Bull, Oasis, South of Temperance, the Drake Hotel Skyyard, Hemmingway’s, Remy’s, Earls, Origin, Local 4, The Bedford Academy, The Artful Dodger + the Beaconsfield. PHEW.
- Go to a Jay’s game
- Find a way to go to The Thompson Rooftop & relax by the pool!
- Make homemade popsicles in funky flavours, including Strawberry-Basil, Peach-Ginger, Banana Peanut + Mojito: INSPIRATION (thanks for the tip, Daina!)
Other excitements today include this little guy:
I regret to say that it was a little disappointing 😦 I feel like I was scammed out of cookie dough! The only cookie-dough-ish thing about it was those three little blobs on the top of the cone, which tasted like (tasteless) hardened powdery crap. Yuck. I should have just stuck to the yee old faithful, caramel!
Since I’m still not feeling 100% better (a mix of being uneasy + actually having a few little ‘episodes’), I’ve taken it easy today in terms of fitness. I did do a little over 10,000 steps today (my cherished iPod has a pedometer built in!) + did this 8-minute ab workout + crunch less ab workout when I got home from work. I’m kind of down about this whole heart thing because I have such an URGE to go for a run or workout, but just don’t feel ready yet. Whoooo says it’s bikini season?! Oh well. I’ll just continue eating ice cream bars and hope for the best 🙂
Anyway, I guess know & keep telling myself that doing something (anything!) is better than nothing at all. Plus, in the whole scheme of things, a few days or a week (or two) off won’t really affect me THAT much. Right? Riiiight? The two videos above are really great for a quick, do-anywhere workout, along with most anything Fitness Bender comes out with. Highly recommended!
I’m off to relax a bit before hitting the hay! Hope you had a great hump day.
- What are your “must-dos” this summer? Any more ideas for me??